Massive Open Online Course
A Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) was organized by the World Bank (WB) based on the World Development Report (WDR) 2021. It included lessons and insights from 19 leading WB economists, data scientists, and other experts and authors of the WDR 2021.
The course explores the WDR and its recommendations through six modules, where each module contains reading material, videos, quizzes, and other exercises to gain knowledge on the topics presented.
- Module I — Advancing development objectives through data
- Module II — Data in the public sector, the private sector, and civil society
- Module III — Creative reuses of data for greater value
- Module IV — Aligning data governance with the new social contract
- Module V — Creating value in the data economy: The role of competition, trade, and tax policy
- Module VI — Moving toward an integrated national data system
What you can learn from the course?
- How data can better advance development objectives
- Creating economic and social value from data
- Using data in the public and the private sector
- Creative reuses of data for greater value
- Data governance in the area of infrastructure, laws and regulations, and economic policies in the area of competition, trade and tax
- Policy recommendations using a maturity model approach
- Creating an integrated national data system